"I cannot live without books..."
Thomas Edison

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Three books this week!

After my initial post I got on the reading train and went a little crazy. I got through three books between last Saturday this Thursday. It's no wonder I never get anything done around the house. Anyway, here they are.


First up we have Project Princess: The Princess Diaries Volume IV and a half by Meg Cabot. I give it a 3 out of 4.

Summary: Mia, her bodyguard, and her friends go to West Virginia over Spring Break to build a house for the less fortunate. Hilarity ensues.

My thoughts: So funny! She's never been camping before or done any kind of maual labor. Need I say more.

My favorite part was where she talks about Peter's "shapely forearms." Apparently, he's as cute as Mulan's boyfriend with the added benefit that Peter is not a cartoon character!


Next we have Princess in Pink also by Meg Cabot (I really need to branch out). Anyhoo, I gave this one a 3 out of 5 also.

Summary: In a series of humorous diary entries, high school freshman (and Genovian Princess) Mia tries to get her reluctant boyfriend to take her to the prom.

My thoughts: Hilarious! Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I can't get enough. Mia makes me laugh until I cry. I read this one in one day. Obviously, I couldn't put it down. I half expected her to smash somebody's cell phone again.

I'm only about halfway through this series, but I think I need to take a break from Princess Mia. This is my fourth review on this blog and 3 of them have been Princess Diaries books. Let's broaden our horizons, shall we?

That being said...


I read this one next. I'm really excited to share this one with you. This is Wings by Aprilynne Pike. This one gets a 4 of 5. I really like this one.

Summary: When a flower blooms in the middle of her back, Laurel discovers that she is a faerie and was placed with human parents as a child. As Laurel learns about her true background and the dangers that face the faerie realm, she struggles to find her place in both worlds

My thoughts: As soon as I finished it I wanted to read it again. So good! The idea of faeries being highly evolved plants was definitely new and refreshing. It was kind of slow at the beginning but it picked up and ended up being quite the page turner. I was happy to find out there was sequel that I could pick up at the library with another to be published this April. That made me really happy because it had one of those endings that isn't really an ending. There were too many loose ends for it to just end right there. I already picked the next one up from the library but it's at the bottom of the pile.

Well, there you have it. You'd think I had a lot of time on my hands or something. Trust me, I don't. I just read every spare moment I have.

Next week, The Body Finder and, hopefully, Peter and the Starcatchers.

Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...