"I cannot live without books..."
Thomas Edison

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Book Thief


The first book I'm going to review for you is "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. This is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster child in Nazi Germany. Narrated by Death this book gives a very individual view of life at that time. Very well written and enjoyable, although rather depressing at times. I admit I had to take a break from this one and read something lighter for a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the end. I had to give it back because it had been requested by another patron at the library. I wanted to rate it, but I don't feel like I read enough of it to give an acurate rating.

Let me put it this way, if you're in the mood for a book that makes you think this is an excellant choice. Very well written and thought provoking. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...